Project Control Engineer
Job no: 492232
Work type: Full time fixed-term
Categories: Accounting / Finance / Risk, Engineering
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte to create a successful and sustainable future. Having recently joined VINCI - a global player in concessions and construction - we bring global expertise to a local context where all our employees contribute to our success.
As a progressive, leading civil engineering firm built on the strong foundations of our unique history, we engage, enable and empower our people to be better. With you, we are altogether stronger, in building the future we want.
We offer a culture of inclusiveness - where everyone is valued because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Joining us is the best way to fully understand the collaborative, friendly relationship that defines Seymour Whyte.
This project involves an upgrade of the Bruce Highway between Caloundra Road and the Sunshine Motorway to six (6) lanes, including major upgrades to both interchanges and the delivery of a service road for local traffic on the western side of the highway between Steve Irwin Way and Tanawha Tourist Drive.
What does this role involve?
An opportunity exists for a Project Controls Engineer to join our high performing team. This is an temporary full time position with an attractive remuneration package. Seymour Whyte understands the need for both career development and mentorship, offering access to great programs along the way to help you achieve your career aspirations within our business, no matter how big.
- Analyse project controls reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project team.
- Review Daily production information, and provide information on opportunities to improve.
- Perform monthly Earned Value Analysis, tracking Actual value against Planned Value & Earned Value.
- Delivering packaged cost management, driving budget and change controls, cost monitoring, along with progress and variance reporting.
- Adhere, understand and apply the project Work Breakdown Structure to ensure all systems, processes and reporting reflect the standard approach on the project.
- Strong focus on project change management (Trends and Scope Changes).
- Monitor Actual cost on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Deliver accurate, informative, well organised documentation.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders to identify project status.
- Assisting with maintaining project controls plan and specific project procedures.
What we are looking for in our team member!
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil), Finance or related discipline.
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Project Cost Engineer working on a large scale construction/infrastructure project.
- The ability to communicate across all levels of the business.
- Have practical, hands on approach.
- Strong organisational and some programming skills.
How to join our team
If this is the sort of challenging role you are interested in please apply via the link below.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend