Job no: 492233
Work type: Full time fixed-term
Location: New South Wales
Categories: Engineering, General Construction
The Seymour Whyte / Downer Joint Venture (JV) was recently awarded the construct only contract for the 10.5km Berry to Bomaderry Upgrade. The JV will build four lanes of new divided road between Mullers Lane at Berry and the Cambewarra Road roundabout at Bomaderry in addition to building temporary roads and carrying out road work for the safety of motorists and workers. When completed, it will be the final piece of more than 30km of highway upgraded between Gerringong and Bomaderry since work started in 2012.
Opportunities exist for competent civil construction Site Engineers with approximately 2+ years’ post grad experience in structures/bridgework's. Preference will be afforded to civil engineers with a history working on highly trafficked, RMS bridge projects where stakeholder management is key.
- Manage quality production defined by method statements and ITP’s.
- Monitor construction progress to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes.
- Conduct and administer overall job planning and programming including short range and intermediate program's for approval.
- Prepare method statements and ITP’s for specific trades.
- Identify the need for and participate in the development and review of Risk Assessments SWMS.
- Monitor daily costs of all time-dependent elements and implications of early / late completion.
- Verify subcontractors’ claims and variations.
- Identify and assess project risks and report these.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil).
- 2+ years' post grad experience on RMS or similar civil infrastructure construction projects (bridgeworks) with mid-tier or first-tier contractors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RMS specifications.
- Knowledge of RMS specifications.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend