Job no: 492234
Work type: Full time fixed-term
Categories: Health / Safety / Environment / Quality
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte to create a successful and sustainable future. Having recently joined VINCI – a global player in concessions and construction – we bring global expertise to a local context where all our employees contribute to our success.
As a progressive, leading civil engineering firm built on the strong foundations of our unique history, we engage, enable and empower our people to be better. With you, we are altogether stronger, in building the future we want.
We offer a culture of inclusiveness – where everyone is valued because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Joining us is the best way to fully understand the collaborative, friendly relationship that defines Seymour Whyte.
This project involves an upgrade of the Bruce Highway between Caloundra Road and the Sunshine Motorway to six lanes, including major upgrades to both interchanges and the delivery of a service road for local traffic on the western side of the highway between Steve Irwin Way and Tanawha Tourist Drive.
What does this role involve?
An opportunity exists for a Quality Coordinator to join our high performing team. This is a full-time fixed term position which would suit individuals who have a minimum of four (4) years' experience in a similar role, who are proficient user of Microsoft Office suite. An attractive remuneration package is available. Seymour Whyte understands the need for both career development and mentorship, offering access to great programs along the way to help you achieve your career aspirations within our business, no matter how big.
- Assist the Project Quality Manager (PQM) in liaising with engineers to ensure the relevant Pre-Process Approvals have been obtained, and check that the specification documentation requirements have been satisfied.
- Assist the PQM request relevant reports, test results from providers and ensure minimum quality standards are being met.
- Ensure Inspection and Test Plans, Construction Method Statements and Plans are reviewed and regularly updated.
- Conduct QA lot audits and conformance checks of documentation as per specification requirements.
- Provide the PQM QA lot management statistical information on a weekly basis.
- Assist the Quality Administrator in maintaining Materials Registers for Pavement gravels, rock-fill for GST treatments, Geofabric and any other materials.
- Perform regular onsite process and internal document audits and alert the PQM of any deficiencies or errors.
- Effectively follow the standard operating procedures in the submission of documents including meeting required deadlines.
- Assist the Document Controller in maintaining the project server structure and conducting regular checks to ensure documents are saved in the correct order and location.
- Liaise with the Project Manager and PQM in obtaining approvals for all internally generated documents such as Management Plans, Procedures and Method Statements prior to uploading onto Team Binder and issuing to both internal and external customers.
- Assist the Document Controller in managing the issue and approval process for Management Plans and Inspection and Test Plans for the Joint Venture in accordance with the SWTC and the Contract.
- Investigating trends in respect of non-conformance and promptly recommending system and process control improvements to relevant parties.
What we are looking for in our team member!
- Previous onsite construction/engineering experience.
- Ability to work in a well-organised and competent way.
- Proficient with Micro Soft Suite and have the ability to turn raw data into graphical charts for analysis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact and train various levels of engineering skill set.
- Knowledge and application of current trends, technology and processes relating to role.
How to join our team
If this is the sort of challenging role you are interested in please apply via the link below.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend