Site Supervisor - Rob Carr - Melbourne
Job no: 492252
Work type: Full time permanent
Categories: General Construction, Other
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Site Supervisors looking for a new role in the Melbourne area. If you are someone who enjoys working on technically challenging projects, which often take place in and around existing infrastructure, we would like to hear from you. This role would suit someone willing to travel upon completion of local projects in Victoria, as Rob Carr has projects throughout the Australia.
Rob Carr Pty Ltd possesses specialist capabilities in conventional and trenchless pipeline construction, micro-tunnelling, deep shaft and service installations. Operating nationally as head contractor our client list includes local councils and State utilities and water authorities. As a specialist subcontractor on major civil infrastructure projects RCPL has delivered successful projects for a variety of tier one and two construction companies and alliances. We are looking for people with specific experience working on projects involving micro-tunneling, particularly around water, wastewater projects).
Day to day tasks of a Site Supervisor would include:
- Organisation and supervision of construction activities, such as:
- installation of Stormwater / Wastewater pipes
- manhole construction
- finishing work, landscaping and restoration
- microtunnelling activities open cut works
- Manage construction workers and subcontractors
- Ensure budget, programme, safety, environmental and quality requirements are adhered to at all times
- Procurement and management of required plant, equipment and materials for allocated projects ensuring cost control is maintained
- Facilitate daily pre-starts and contribute to weekly Toolbox Talks
- Provide advice to all stakeholders on applicable legislations, codes of practice and all conditions set out in the contractual documents to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Manage and maintain relationships with Clients and Community
- Contribute to progress reports and relevant documentation to management
- Technical assistance to site staff and subcontractors (including interpretation of engineering documents and drawings)
- Notify the Project Manager of any possible variations
- Identification, implementation, promotion and management of safe work methods and environmental awareness.
- Maintain industry standards and ensure that the latest industry developments are reviewed for implementation if relevant.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years onsite experience as a Site Supervisor
- Project Delivery experience in the installation of Storm Water and Waste Water Pipelines
- Demonstrated experience in civil construction, open cut trenches and micro-tunneling
- Previous experience managing a construction workforce
- Have an OHS White Card
- Be focused on Safety, Quality the Environment and Productivity
- Be reliable and committed
- Attractive remuneration package
- Tool of the Trade Vehicle & Fuel Card provided
- Career development and ongoing training opportunities
- Be part of a Global Construction Company
- Seasonal vaccinations
- Salary continuance insurance
- Corporate partnerships for employee health, well-being and benefits
Sound like you? Apply online via Seek.com.au today.
Rob Carr Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Successful applicants must undertake a full medical prior to commencing employment.
The recruitment for this role is being managed internally
No recruitment agencies please
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend