Job no: 492268
Work type: Full time permanent
Location: New South Wales
The M4 Smart Motorways project is a circa $200M construct only contract for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS). The project will manage construction along one of Western Sydney’s busiest motorways, counting more than 170,000 vehicles per day. There will be significant emphasis on Traffic Management and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) including variable message signs, variable speed limit and lane use signs, on-ramp metering systems, cameras, detectors, etc. Works have very recently commenced, with a largely existing team of more than forty people.
With strong client and public relationships, we’re seeking expressions of interest from locally based civil construction Site Engineers with approximately 2+ years’ post grad experience. Preference will be afforded to civil engineers with a history working on highly trafficked, RMS road and bridge projects where stakeholder management is key. Successful candidates will ideally commence ASAP.
- Manage quality production defined by method statements and ITP’s
- Monitor construction progress to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes.
- Conduct and administer overall job planning and programming including short range and intermediate programmes for approval.
- Identify the need for and participate in the development and review of Risk Assessments, SWMS’s and Hazard Observations.
- Monitor daily costs of all time dependent elements and implications of early/ late completion.
- Verify subcontractors’ claims and variations.
- Identify and assess project risks and report these.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
- 2+ years' post grad experience on RMS or similar civil infrastructure construction projects (roadworks, bridgeworks, brownfields, under traffic management, etc) with mid-tier or first-tier contractors
- Demonstrated knowledge of RMS specifications
- Professional development opportunities
- Individual Project Incentive (Bonus) Plans
- Salary continuance insurance for when you are unable to work due to non-work-related injury or sickness
- Corporate partnerships for employee health and wellbeing
- Paid Parental Leave provisions for Primary Carers and Partners
- Flexible working procedures
- Seasonal vaccinations
Founded in 1987, Seymour Whyte Constructions is an award-winning civil contractor with more than 300 employees working across projects up to $460M in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Recently Seymour Whyte joined VINCI Group, a global player in concessions and construction, employing more than 183,000 people in some 100 countries.
The legacy of our founders has fostered a strong team culture, which is ultimately the secret of Seymour Whyte’s success. Our people have a wide range of skills and smarts borne from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and we all come together through our shared values.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend