Job no: 492277
Work type: Full time permanent
Location: New South Wales
Categories: Commercial / Legal / Contracts
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to join our team based in McMahons Point to oversee and provide commercial support to the NSW and Victorian operations. As a Commercial Manager, you will be a key member of a dynamic team and actively seek, develop and capitalise on business opportunities to support delivery of our Strategic Plan.
To be successful in this role, you will have a minimum 10 years working for a civil contracting business involved in public infrastructure projects. You will also have the ability to build and maintain exceptional internal and external relationships and provide commercial leadership that achieves business objectives and customer satisfaction.
This position will incorporate a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Ensure that all relevant project staff understand and comply with commercial requirements in contracts;
- Oversee and provide guidance on all commercial, cost control and cash flow activities;
- Ensure the effective implementation of commercial and financial risk management procedures;
- Oversees and participates in the commercial close out of contracts/projects, dealing with claims to satisfactory conclusions;
- Reviews and assists in the development of commercial processes and procedures and communicates to relevant personnel;
- Assist contract administrators and project managers as needed in commercial matters e.g. claims, contractual issues, disputes, preparing subcontract terms and conditions;
- Development of commercial systems to support the commercial role within the business (contract management systems, procurement systems & documentation, tender & project partnering options & contracts, contract reviews & contract negotiations);
- Project reporting; and
- Provide accurate, practical and commercially astute advice and assistance in contract interpretation and strategy
Suitable candidates must possess:
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to interpret and apply contracts
- Detailed knowledge in project management, planning, budgeting, and cost control
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- 10 years’ experience in a similar position in the construction industry
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte to create a successful and sustainable future. Having recently joined VINCI – a global player in concessions and construction – we bring global expertise to a local context where all our employees contribute to our success.
As a progressive, leading civil engineering firm built on the strong foundations of our unique history, we engage, enable and empower our people to be better. With you, we are altogether stronger, in building the future we want.
We offer a culture of inclusiveness – where everyone is valued because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Joining us is the best way to fully understand the collaborative, friendly relationship that defines Seymour Whyte.
Applicants are urged to review our website to gain an understanding of our company before sending us a cover letter on why you would want to join our team, a comprehensive CV with your work history and qualifications to email@example.com
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
No recruitment agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend