Contracts Manager / Senior Contract Administrator
Job no: 492339
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: New South Wales
Categories: Commercial / Legal / Contracts
About the Company
Founded in 1987, Seymour Whyte Constructions is an award-winning civil contractor with more than 300 employees working across projects up to $460M in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Recently Seymour Whyte joined VINCI Group, a global player in concessions and construction, employing more than 183,000 people in some 100 countries.
About the role/project
An opportunity exists for a Contracts Manager / Senior Contract Administrator to join our M4 Smart Motorway Project. The M4 Smart Motorways project is a circa $200M construct only contract for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS). The project will manage construction along one of Western Sydney’s busiest motorways, counting more than 170,000 vehicles per day. There will be significant emphasis on Traffic Management and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) including variable message signs, variable speed limit and lane use signs, on-ramp metering systems, cameras, detectors, etc. Works have very recently commenced, with a largely existing team of more than forty people.
- Preparing and administering subcontracts and supply agreements, including assisting engineers to define the scope and conditions.
- Interrogation of subcontractor claims and variations.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager in preparing detailed forecasting spreadsheets, reports and analysis.
- Supervision of Site/Project Administrators and their responsibilities in relation to accounts payable, job costing and general administration.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years’ experience in contract administration roles, ideally working on RMS projects.
- Previous experience with standard construction contracts and schedule of rates and lump sum contracts (GC21).
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience working in the construction industry.
- Viewpoint, Job Pack, JD Edwards, Timberland, CHEOPS or similar project contract administration software experience.
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks whilst under pressure and to meet deadlines.
Culture and Benefits
The legacy of our founders has fostered a strong team culture, which is ultimately the secret of Seymour Whyte’s success. Our people have a wide range of skills and smarts borne from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and we all come together through our shared values.
- Attractive remuneration package
- Professional development opportunities
- Strong forward order book
- Individual Annual/Project Incentive Plans
- Salary continuance insurance for when you are unable to work due to non-work-related injury or sickness
- Corporate partnerships for employee health and well-being
- Seasonal vaccinations
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend