Job no: 492351
Work type: Full Time Permanent
- Permanent role - Victoria
- Part of the VINCI Construction International Network
- Excellent remuneration and package, attractive employee benefits
We are seeking an experienced Senior Surveyor (approx. 8+ years post grad) to join our busy operations teams.
About the project
The Upper Yarra Dam Upgrade Project is located 5km east of Reefton. The upgrade involves excavation, processing and backfill of 250,000m3 of earthfill and rockfill materials, construction of filter trenches along the crest of the wall installation of new sand and aggregate filter chimney zones. The project also involves the construction of a new seepage weir and upgrade to existing service roads and services. The project will help ensure the stability of the dam wall and provide continuity of water supply.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte to create a successful and sustainable future. Having recently joined VINCI – a global player in concessions and construction – we bring global expertise to a local context where all our employees contribute to our success.
As a progressive, leading civil engineering firm built on the strong foundations of our unique history, we engage, enable and empower our people to be better. With you, we are altogether stronger, in building the future we want.
Some of the accountabilities for this role will be:
- All aspects of construction set-out
- Machine guidance system management and implementation and control network management
- Quantity calculations
- Report preparation
- Create and maintain data systems including field data collection, design changes, ‘as built’ records and calibration records
- Produce Safe Work Method Statements and Survey Method Statements.
- Provide Project surveying services, and supervise/integrate any subcontract surveyors on sites
- Create, implement and maintain systems and procedures for field surveying innovations and for data management (including for field data capture, design changes, ‘as built’ records and calibration records)
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Engineering Surveying or higher formal education
- Eligibility for SSSI endorsement as an Engineering Surveying Professional or Registration as a Surveyor is an advantage
- Experience in the surveying and civil construction industry, with a variety of aspects of survey work
- Experience with machine control systems.
- Experience in all aspects of Mlebourne Water or other state road authority specifications preferred
- Advanced computer knowledge with emphasis on Surveying packages. Sound working knowledge of “12D” and “TBC” is an advantage
- Willingness to adapt to new methods, equipment and procedures where necessary
- Previous experience working with Plant Management software such as Visionlink preferred
We offer a culture of inclusiveness – where everyone is valued because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Joining us is the best way to fully understand the collaborative, friendly relationship that defines Seymour Whyte. A career with Seymour Whyte will provide you with endless opportunities. When you work with us, you contribute to our landmark projects and work alongside some of the industry’s best.
- Professional development opportunities including mentoring programs and capability frameworks
- Strong forward order book
- Individual Project Incentive (Bonus) Plans
- Corporate partnerships for employee health and well-being including seasonal vaccinations
Diversity & Inclusion
Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
We offer competitive remuneration packages and other employee benefits. To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
If you’re interested, then submit your application today.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates with the right to work in Australia.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team. No recruitment agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend