Job no: 492670
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: General Construction
People join Seymour Whyte because they are looking for more from their professional growth and their personal connections. Our people mean more to us, do more with us, and have more involvement in building our world-class capability together.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future. We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years. With the agility and personal connection of a Tier 2, yet the expertise of a Tier 1, and now the enhanced resources of one of the largest, world-class construction companies, VINCI, our employees and clients get the best of three worlds.
We are seeking an experienced Supervisor to join our onsite operations team on the Palm Beach to Tugun Pacific Motorway upgrade on the Gold Coast. We are looking for individuals who are local to the Gold Coast, or who live on the south side of Brisbane within a daily commutable distance.
An attractive remuneration package (includes phone, laptop, vehicle, fuel card and etag) is on offer.
About the role:
- Supervise specific construction activities (e.g. earthworks, drainage, structures, etc.) to achieve effective performance within planned schedules and guidelines.
- Coordinate trades, employees, plant resources and subcontractors in accordance with short term programmes and schedules.
- Prepare and implement task hazard reviews and inspection and test plans for specific trades
- Measure and monitor productivity of specific trades against agreed time and financial objectives.
- Model high level professional standards with emphasis on upholding safety, quality and environmental standards.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Trade and/or Certificate IV or have substantial advancement towards achievement of all competencies.
- Previous onsite construction/engineering experience – a minimum of 5 years Industry experience as a Supervisor.
- The right to work in Australia.
What’s in for you?
- Pay equity and competitive remuneration
- Bonus programs and generous employee share programs
- Attractive project allowances and conditions for regional projects
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Professional development opportunities
- Be part of VINCI Constructions, a global organisation which offers security and opportunity.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
- This role not for you? Register on our website for job alters to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team.
No recruitment agencies please.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend