Project Commercial Manager
Job no: 492713
Work type: Full Time Permanent
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to join our busy operations teams working on Seymour Whyte portfolio of projects for the second half of 2021 and beyond.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte to create a successful and sustainable future. Having recently joined VINCI – a global player in concessions and construction – we bring global expertise to a local context where all our employees contribute to our success.
As a progressive, leading civil engineering firm built on the strong foundations of our unique history, we engage, enable and empower our people to be better. With you, we are altogether stronger, in building the future we want.
Daily tasks include:
- Assist the Project Manager to maximise profit and reduce risk exposure
- Regularly reporting on the financial, contractual and administrative status of the project.
- Update detailed working budgets
- Ensure costs are committed to the project
- Monitor budgets and take action as required
- Coordinator day to day commercial aspects of Site
- Awareness of Head Contract and its provisions to support compliance
- Provide commercial advice to Site Management Team
- Review subcontractor agreements; minimising risk and reviewing scope of works with Contracts Manager and project engineering team
- Process subcontractor payments including assessment of works completed, valuation of variations
- Ensure site team are undertaking their commercial responsibilities
- Ensure that all project insurances are in place and manages all notifications and claims
- Process payments in accordance with the Security of Payments Act
- Stay informed and demonstrate an awareness in industrial and/or workplace legislation and risks
- Establish lines of communication with Client for feedback including provision of after sales service to Client.
- Oversee the management of the Head Contract
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary Education in Accounting, QS, Engineering or Law
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation (Building Code, BIF, BCIPA, BICSPA, etc)
- 7+ years in construction or related industries
- Demonstrated experience leading a team
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Sound negotiation skills
- Ability to interpret and analyse specific data
At Seymour Whyte we offer a culture of inclusiveness – where everyone is valued because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Joining us is the best way to fully understand the collaborative, friendly relationship that defines Seymour Whyte. A career with Seymour Whyte will provide you with endless opportunities. When you work with us, you contribute to our landmark projects and work alongside some of the industry’s best.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
We offer competitive remuneration packages and other employee benefits. To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
If you’re interested, then submit your application today.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team. No recruitment agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend