Environment and Sustainability Advisor
Job no: 492814
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Health / Safety / Environment / Quality
Environment and Sustainability Advisor
- Permanent role
- Excellent company culture and supportive environment
- Located in Eight Mile Plains, South Brisbane with onsite parking provided
With the agility of a Tier 2, the expertise of a Tier 1, and the enhanced resources of VINCI, our employees get the best of three worlds.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future. We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years.
We are seeking an experienced Environment and Sustainability Advisor to support the National Environment and Sustainability Manager (NESM). The role is primarily responsible for providing support to our Precontracts and Construction teams ensuring our projects deliver positive environmental, sustainability and social outcomes.
Based at our Head Office in Eight Mile Plains, the Environment and Sustainability Advisor collaborates closely with our project teams and will also go to site when required providing a good balance of office and site-based work. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about Environment, Sustainability and cultural heritage in construction, adding value to Seymour Whyte and the communities in which we work.
People join Seymour Whyte because they are looking for more from their professional growth and their personal connections. Our people mean more to us, do more with us, and have more involvement in building our world-class capability together.
About the role:
- Review background information (e.g. Review of Environmental Factors, EIS) to identify potential Environmental, Sustainability and Cultural Heritage issues and provide technical, environmental/sustainability advice to the bid team.
- Identify potential environmental licenses, permits and approvals required for construction.
- Prepare environmental and sustainability plans and documents for tender deliverables.
- Prepare list of environmental costs for inclusion in Tender Schedule.
- Assist National Environment and Sustainability Manager (NESM) with development and implementation corporate procedures, standards and specifications.
- Develop and present environmental training material to internal staff.
- Assist in environmental audits and inspections
- Support the construction team during project start-up phase with the preparation and implementation of Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMP), Sub-Plans, environmental procedures and environmental construction/work method statements.
- Coordinate with the project team in collecting, verifying and reporting sustainability data including National Greenhouse and Emissions Reporting.
- Coordinate and attend relevant meetings and audits.
- Other day to day tasks consistent with the role as assigned by the Manager.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, Sustainability or other associated disciplines
- 3-4 years experience on major infrastructure civil or rail construction projects, specifically site experience.
- IS Accredited Professional (ISAP) preferable
- Excellent attention to detail with up-to-date knowledge of all relevant Queensland and Commonwealth statutory environmental and planning requirements.
- Experience in implementing and managing Construction Environmental Management Plans and procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Current C-Class Driver’s License
What’s in for you?
- Pay equity and competitive remuneration
- Bonus programs and generous employee share programs
- Attractive project allowances and conditions for regional projects
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Professional development opportunities
- Be part of VINCI Constructions, a global organisation which offers security and opportunity.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
This role not for you? Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team, applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend