First Nations Inclusion & Social Procurement Coordinator
Job no: 492845
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: HR / Training
- Permanent full-time role
- Excellent company culture and supportive environment
- This is a newly created role and can be located at any of our offices in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future. We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years.
Seymour Whyte has recently delivered our first Reconciliation Action Plan and we are excited to continue on to the next stage of our reconciliation journey, Innovate. That’s why we have created the First Nations Inclusion & Social Procurement Coordinator position. The successful applicant will take us to the next level of reconciliation, to proactively seek opportunities, build long term relationships and support our teams by building knowledge, increase understanding, value and recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and histories through cultural learning initiatives.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, have experience working in a similar role with a lived background in indigenous cultures and affairs
More specifically, this role will:
- Set up National Agreements with Apprenticeships Careers Australia or other partners for training and employment opportunities for First Nations Australians
- Build relationships and develop mutually rewarding relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses in each region and nationally.
- Engage local First Nations recruitment partners/business with connections to the local community to our projects.
- Assist projects with interpreting the Cultural Heritage Management Plans and ensure effective engagement with the Heritage Advisor and the Traditional Owner groups.
- Develop and implement strategies to exceed broader Social Procurement targets across Australia by identifying and engaging with relevant businesses and creating opportunities.
- Create meaningful connections between the Traditional Owner groups and Seymour Whyte projects and act as the conduit fostering a harmonious relationship which drives genuine sustainable social outcomes.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Lived knowledge and experience working with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to deliver mutually rewarding outcomes.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills, particularly with First Nations Australians.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- A genuine desire and commitment to foster harmonious relationships within Seymour Whyte and the communities in which we work.
- Previous experience in a sustainability role will be view favourably.
- Tertiary qualification in Indigenous Studies, Social Sciences, Environmental Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience would be highly regarded.
- Experience in a similar role with the Construction, Engineering or Mining industries would also be highly regarded.
- Current C-Class Driver’s License.
What’s in for you?
- Pay equity and competitive remuneration
- Bonus programs and generous employee share programs
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Professional development opportunities
- Be part of VINCI Constructions, a global organisation which offers security and opportunity.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
Applications from First Nation people will be highly regarded.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend