Job no: 492933
Work type: Full Time Permanent
The John Holland, Seymour Whyte, and AECOM Joint Venture (HSA) has started work on the Bruce Highway Edmonton to Gordonvale (E2G) Project, south of Cairns with earthworks having commenced across multiple sections of the project.
The Bruce Highway – Cairns Southern Access Corridor – Stage 3: Edmonton to Gordonvale project is part of the 15-year Bruce Highway Upgrade Program, a $12.6 billion program of works to improve safety, flood resilience and capacity along the Bruce Highway from Brisbane to Cairns. The program is jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland Governments. The works will deliver a total transport solution and long-term improvements to traffic flow and road safety through reducing congestion, reducing highway travel time, and improving road access.
We are seeking capable Project Engineers to join the E2G project team where your primary objective will be to coordinate on site construction engineering functions for allocated disciplines to achieve project objectives and provide sufficient support for construction activities. A variety of options are on offer to suitable candidates who are willing to work away or relocate to work on this project.
Daily tasks include:
The role will perform duties including, but not limited to:
- Undertake all HSEQ responsibilities as identified for your role in the Project’s Management Plans and associated documents.
- Escalate potential and actual risks that may impact the safe, timely and cost-efficient delivery of activities under management.
- Conduct in-house training/workshops/seminars on safe working methods and investigate and prevent recurrence of near miss accidents.
- Undertake cost, revenue and productivity tracking and reporting functions, including utilising relevant administrative tools, such as Envision, Expert etc.
- Assist with preparation of site construction forecasts and reports.
- Management of company workforce and specific trades, technicians, site supervisors and contractors. Assign work and assist with reviews for accuracy and adherence to required standards.
- Manage and develop direct reports including regular monitoring and reviewing of their performance and coaching/mentoring in construction/system requirements.
- Provide status reports and resourcing diagrams.
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme and report to the Project Manager.
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications.
- Manage and develop subordinate Lot Construction Engineers. This includes regular monitoring and reviewing of their performance and coaching/ mentoring in construction and system requirements.
- Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects and recommend changes to design details to increase ease of construction and contribute to improvements of existing designs.
- Participate in critical incident management as per the Emergency Response Management Plan as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or its equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience delivering civil infrastructure construction projects for State authorities.
- Familiarity with WHS and Environmental legislation and ability to produce Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) for specific trades/activities.
- Thorough understanding of client specifications and ability to produce ITPs for specific trades.
- Exposure to preparation of contractual claims and variations.
- Knowledge of head and subcontract agreements.
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and managing budgets and forecasts.
- Current C-Class Driver’s License.
At Seymour Whyte we offer a culture of inclusiveness – where everyone is valued because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Joining us is the best way to fully understand the collaborative, friendly relationship that defines Seymour Whyte. A career with Seymour Whyte will provide you with endless opportunities. When you work with us, you contribute to our landmark projects and work alongside some of the industry’s best.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
We offer competitive remuneration packages and other employee benefits. To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. If you’re interested, then submit your application today.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend