Job no: 493040
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: New South Wales
Categories: Commercial / Legal / Contracts
The Aerowest Joint Venture (a joint venture between Seymour Whyte Construction and BMD Constructions) have been awarded the Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport Landside Project in NSW, Australia. Seymour Whyte is looking for an experience Contracts Administrator with a Civil Construction site background to join the team on this project.
Construction of Western Sydney Airport will begin in early 2022 with the scope of the contract covering the development of ground transport to facilitate journeys to and from the airport. This involves integrating the new M12 Motorway and the airport’s two new stations
- Management of procurement processes & contract
- Preparing progress/assessment claims in a timely manner
- Compiling both internal and external reports
- Tender analysis for budgetary constraints and cost control
- Subcontract preparation, variation administration, pricing and negotiation
- Cost management and forecasting
- Cash-flow monitoring including liaising with Principal regarding payments and negotiating payment terms with suppliers
- Review subcontract agreements including standard conditions relevant to the specific trades
- Ensure financial administration activities are undertaken
- Provide an overview of document control systems and distributes documentation.
- Purchasing of goods for site
SKILLS & EXPERIANCES
- Relevant formal qualifications (diploma/ certificate in financial or commercial administration) or previous experience in contracts/project administration in a principal contractor environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Contract Administration environment.
- Site construction experience preferable.
- Knowledge in current computer packages MS Word (Intermediate), Excel (Intermediate), MS Access, MS Outlook required
- Experience with and understanding of Company procurement and commercial processes and procedures
- Experience with and understanding of financial/cost/project management system and processes
- Demonstrated understanding of Client head contract documents (relevant State authorities)
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation (Building Code, BIF, BCIPA, BICSPA, etc)
- Sound negotiation skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people and situations
- Pay equity and competitive remuneration
- Bonus programs and generous employee share programs
- Attractive project allowances and conditions for regional projects
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Professional development opportunities
- Be part of VINCI Constructions, a global organisation which offers security and opportunity.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
This role not for you? Register on our website for job alters to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team - no applications will be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend