Commercial Manager - PreContracts
Job no: 493873
Work type: Full Time Permanent
We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years. With the agility and personal connection of a Tier 2, yet the expertise of a Tier 1, and now the enhanced resources of one of the largest, world-class construction companies, VINCI, our employees and clients get the best of three worlds.
Due to a strong pipeline of future projects in Queensland and Western Australia, we are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager (PreContracts) to provide commercial support to our PreContracts team and interface with our internal and external stakeholders. This position is key to ensuring the improvement and maximisation of the commercial aspects of our pre-contract activities.
About the role:
- Provision of advice and expertise on bid and project-related commercial and risk matters, the optimisation of bid, project and business positions, the management of commercial risks and the implementation of effective commercial and risk practices in line with Seymour Whyte’s requirements.
- Negotiation and preparation of all agreements for pre-contract commercial activity including but not limited to confidentiality agreements, MOUs, teaming agreements, joint venture agreements, design consultancy agreements, deeds of novation and the like.
- Develop pre-contract commercial strategies and participate in contract negotiations and bid reviews.
- Ensure risk control and management system updates, including assisting with and responding to conformance audits.
- Maintain confidentially, industry standards and ethical conduct at all times.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Having previously and successfully held a PreContracts Commercial Manager role and exposure to various contract models.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Construction Management or Quantity Surveying.
- Having or currently working towards obtaining a law degree is highly desirable.
- Extensive commercial experience in the construction and engineering industry.
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of construct only, design and construct and alliance contracts, especially those used by Seymour Whyte’s key and regular clients.
- Strong commercial acumen, negotiating skills and business process improvement skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong organisational skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility with Health & Wellbeing programs.
- Competitive market benchmarked remuneration.
- Unique bonus scheme which generously rewards staff for strong performance.
- Generous employee share program with VINCI — one of the largest, world-class construction companies globally.
- Purchased leave program to encourage your work/life balance.
- Paid Parental Leave and parental support.
- Cultural leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees.
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally.
- Career development, mentoring, training, and leadership development programs.
- Part of VINCI Construction offering opportunity and security.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role.
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the right to work in Australia.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493873
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Forward to a friend