Job no: 493939
Work type: Full Time Fixed Term
Categories: General Construction
We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years. With the agility and personal connection of a Tier 2, yet the expertise of a Tier 1, and now the enhanced resources of one of the largest, world-class construction companies, VINCI, our employees, and clients get the best of three worlds.
We are looking for a Civil construction experienced Leading hands to join our team in our Gold Coast region on one of our long-term large-scale projects. The core upgrades involve expanding the motorway to 6 lanes, overhauling existing pavements, and introducing new full-depth asphalt pavement. The intricate process includes lengthening entry and exit ramps, demolishing old bridges, constructing seven new bridges, and widening three existing ones, addressing challenges like managing heavy daily traffic of over 90,000 vehicles and executing complex bridge construction over ecologically sensitive waterways.
About the role:
- Understand, implement, and monitor Work Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements in the field (complete internal HIRAC and/or other relevant training).
- Prepare and implement task hazard reviews for specific trades. Contribute to the production and review of SWMS, and ensure crew is well versed in all relevant SMS requirements.
- Ability to develop and interpret short-term section/trade programmes, including resource allocation.
- Measure and monitor productivity of specific trades against agreed time and financial objectives. Accurate completion of Daily Diary and other relevant Forms using tablet applications to assist in identifying potential claims (variations/ ET) and productivity costings.
- Conduct effective area team/ crew meetings such as pre-starts. Actively participate in toolbox talks and other site and/or zone meetings.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to interpret layout plans, schematic drawings, and specifications for specialist trades.
- Working knowledge of Company Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures and relevant components of the legislation and standards.
- Good oral and written communication with knowledge of day to day works under the guidance of the Supervisor.
- Certificate Ill or have substantial advancement towards the achievement of all competencies.
What’s in for you?
- Competitive market benchmarked remuneration.
- Paid Parental Leave and parental support.
- Culture leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Attractive project allowances and conditions.
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees.
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally.
- Part of VINCI Constructions offering opportunity and security.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future.
Submit your CV online to apply for this role.
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493939
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Forward to a friend