Job no: 493039
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: New South Wales
Categories: Estimating / Planning / Scheduling, General Construction, Other
The Aerowest Joint Venture (a joint venture between Seymour Whyte Construction and BMD Constructions) have been awarded the Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport Landside Project in NSW, Australia. Seymour Whyte is looking for an experience Senior Civil Engineering Planner to join the team in Western Sydney.
Construction of Western Sydney Airport will begin in early 2022 with the scope of the contract covering the development of ground transport to facilitate journeys to and from the airport. This involves integrating the new M12 Motorway and the airport’s two new stations.
- Develop programs in Primavera P6 based on construction and contract requirements.
- Regular updates of contract program to protect rights for delay claims and associated contractual rights.
- Cost and resource load program, produce resource histograms and identify problem areas, produce cash flow forecasts.
- Run a monthly schedule analysis showing actual versus planned progress during the past period.
- Provide cash flow data for projects using Primavera P6.
- Convert Primavera P6 to other program formats as required.
- Assist in writing and developing the programming section for the tenders.
- Provide programming training to employees.
- Through forensic program analysis, support the projects in contractual extension of time claims.
- Run risk analysis in Primavera P6.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working on Civil construction projects (Roads, Bridges, Utilities) essential
- 10+ years of experience as a Planner within the Construction industry
- Both on-site and in Pre-Contracts environments experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated advanced application of Primavera P6
- Significant prior experience formulating construction programmes within civil construction environment.
- Project controls management
- High level of communication skills
- Familiarity with lineal construction activities.
- Familiarity with a diverse range of contracting models and claim logistics.
- Advanced time management and personal organisation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy (eg. Microsoft Suite, Viewpoint, etc.).
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks whilst under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently whilst remaining a team player.
- Ability to balance working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Relevant tertiary or practical qualification
What’s in for you?
- Pay equity and competitive remuneration
- Bonus programs and generous employee share programs
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Professional development opportunities
- Be part of VINCI Constructions, a global organisation which offers security and opportunity.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
This role is being managed by our internal HR team; applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend