Job no: 492365
Work type: Full Time Fixed Term
- Full time fixed term – Melbourne project based
- Part of the VINCI Construction International Network
- Excellent remuneration and package, attractive employee benefits
We are seeking an experienced Project Administrator to join our operations team for one of our projects near the Melbourne airport. This role is a full time fixed term role, after which may have the option of extending to one of our other projects in Victoria.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte to create a successful and sustainable future. Having recently joined VINCI – a global player in concessions and construction – we bring global expertise to a local context where all our employees contribute to our success.
As a progressive, leading civil engineering firm built on the strong foundations of our unique history, we engage, enable and empower our people to be better. With you, we are altogether stronger, in building the future we want.
Daily tasks include:
- Producing purchase orders, collecting dockets and entering invoices into Viewpoint financial system
- Checking invoices and subcontractor claims and ensure approvals in line with authority limits
- General procurement (eg. from establish suppliers and subcontractors)
- Maintenance of various registers and databases
- Coordination of project events and meetings
- Assist with valuation of monthly progress claims relating to simple subcontracts and updating subcontract payment schedules and preparing progress claim certificates.
- Claim preparation
- Providing general administrative support to the project
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated exposure to job costing, purchasing and accounts ideally within the construction industry
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated intermediate use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience using job costing software packages such as View Point, Job Pack, JDE, etc
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks to strict timeframes
- Ability to work independently whilst remaining a team player
We offer a culture of inclusiveness – where everyone is valued because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Joining us is the best way to fully understand the collaborative, friendly relationship that defines Seymour Whyte. A career with Seymour Whyte will provide you with endless opportunities. When you work with us, you contribute to our landmark projects and work alongside some of the industry’s best.
Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
We offer competitive remuneration packages and other employee benefits. To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
If you’re interested, then submit your application today.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team. No recruitment agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend