Project Safety Managers & Project Safety Coordinator(s)
Job no: 492442
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Health / Safety / Environment / Quality
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future. We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years. With the agility and personal connection of a Tier 2, yet the expertise of a Tier 1, and now the enhanced resources of one of the largest, world-class construction companies, VINCI, our employees and clients get the best of three worlds.
People join Seymour Whyte because they are looking for more from their professional growth and their personal connections. Our people mean more to us, do more with us, and have more involvement in building our world-class capability together. This role contributes to ensuring this employee experience continues.
Safety managers responsiblies:
- Ensure compliance with Seymour Whyte, government and client legislation, plans, standards and specifications.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation, implementation and maintenance of systems, plans, procedures and strategies.
- Mentor site personnel to improve workplace health and safety.
- Assess risks and opportunities for improving Safety Management.
- Conduct investigations of accidents and incidents as necessary and review incident reports. Provide advice to Project Managers and personnel on corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences.
successful applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrate high level interpersonal skills, relationship building, be passionate about the health and safety of people and a team first approach.
- Minimum of 10 years civil construction or relevant industry experience
- Previous experience leading teams or in a management role
- Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training. Or equivalent
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated high regard and understanding of safety principles.
- Ability to develop a good rapport with site staff (including Leading Hands, Supervisors, labourers, subcontractors, Site Managers, etc.), management, client representatives and auditors.
What’s in for you?
- Pay equity and competitive remuneration
- Bonus programs and generous employee share programs
- Attractive project allowances and conditions for regional projects
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Professional development opportunities
- Be part of VINCI Constructions, a global organisation which offers security and opportunity.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team.
No recruitment agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend