Project Environmental Manager
Job no: 493621
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Health / Safety / Environment / Quality
Seymour Whyte takes pride in delivering transformative projects that shape the future. Our core values - safety, sustainability, and diversity - are the driving force behind our success. Our supportive team experiences continuous growth, attractive benefits, and collaboration on award-winning projects.
Take charge as the Project Environmental Manager for a significant project in the Southeast of Melbourne. Lead the way in Environmental operations, providing support to our Construction team and ensuring the project attains positive environmental, sustainability, and social outcomes.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Plan, implement, manage, and monitor solutions.
- Assist the construction team with implementing Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMP), sub-plans, and environmental procedures.
- Coordinating the environmental approval process for the project.
- Undertake audits of the CEMP, Sub-plans, EOPs, SWMS, and other environmental documentation during construction.
- Develop and present environmental training material to internal staff.
- Manage environmental management controls and costs to budget and project needs.
- Provide technical, environmental/sustainability advice to the bid team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A relevant degree in Environmental Engineering, Planning or Science.
- 10 years in environmental project management within civil construction.
- Working experience on infrastructure projects is essential.
- Excellent attention to detail with up-to-date knowledge of all relevant state (VIC) and planning requirements.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in implementing and managing Construction Environmental Management Plans and procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Current C-Class Driver’s License.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Flexibility with Health & Wellbeing programs.
- Competitive market benchmarked remuneration.
- Unique project bonus scheme generously rewards project staff for strong performance.
- Generous employee share program with VINCI — one of the largest, world-class construction companies globally.
- Purchased leave program to encourage your work/life balance.
- Paid Parental Leave and parental support.
- Paid Birthday Leave.
- Culture leaves for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Access to the Unmind app.
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees.
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally.
- Career development, mentoring, training, and leadership development programs.
- Part of VINCI Construction offering opportunity and security.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role.
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
This role not for you? Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493621
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Forward to a friend