Project Construction Manager
Job no: 493820
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Project / Construction Management
Seymour Whyte is a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years. With the agility and personal connection of a Tier 2, yet the expertise of a Tier 1, and now the enhanced resources of one of the largest, world-class construction companies, VINCI, our employees, and clients get the best of three worlds.
We are looking for a Project Construction Manager to join our engineering team working on the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup upgrade project. The primary objective of this position is to plan and control construction activities to ensure completion in accordance with design requirements and time and cost constraints to achieve profit objectives. This role will initially manage project construction, with a view to grow and develop into a Project Manager.
This complex project based in Koo Wee Rup is a 5km major road duplication and includes the installation of safety barriers between the freeway and local roads, improving community safety and accessibility. The project will also repair existing road pavements, underpasses, as well as the construction of new shared walking /cycling paths. The project has specific environmental initiatives to reduce impact and protect local endangered species. Our ideal candidate is from the local or surrounding areas and is passionate about the improvement of this unique area.
About the role:
- Experience on projects of >$100M in value, developing and reviewing the construction plan and monitor the progress of allocated projects to ensure they are within quality and cost estimates.
- Authorise construction planning, programming and on-site completion schedules and liaise with the Project Manager over completion dates for different phases of construction.
- Monitor obligations imposed by performance specifications.
- Identify and cost abnormal risks in tender documents.
- Formulate/ prepare major contractual claims Liaise with consultants with regards to project design plans and variations.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or its equivalent.
- 10+ years post-graduate experience within a Principal Contractor environment.
- Experience in managing hard dollar projects >$100M in project value.
- Detailed knowledge of head and subcontract agreements pertaining to specific projects.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the program to meet project objectives.
What’s in for you?
- Competitive market benchmarked remuneration.
- Unique project bonus scheme generously rewards project staff for strong performance.
- Generous employee share program with VINCI — one of the largest, world-class construction companies globally.
- Purchased leave program to encourage your work/life balance.
- Culture leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Salary continuance insurance.
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally.
- Career development, mentoring, training, and leadership development programs.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role.
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493820
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Forward to a friend