Job no: 493843
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Estimating / Planning / Scheduling
We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years. With the agility and personal connection of a Tier 2, yet the expertise of a Tier 1, and now the enhanced resources of one of the largest, world-class construction companies, VINCI, our employees and clients get the best of three worlds.
Based at our Queens Road office in Melbourne, we are looking for a Planning Manager to join our team. The primary objective of this position is to manage construction programs and claims processes for projects and Pre-Contracts teams.
About the role:
- Lead a team, overseeing the day-to-day management of team activities and workload.
- Develop programs in Primavera P6 based on construction and contract requirements.
- Support the development of the bid and project strategy.
- Cost and resource load program, produce resource histograms and identify key risks and opportunity areas.
- Monthly schedule analysis showing actual versus planned progress during the past period and provide advice accordingly.
- Provide cash flow data for projects using Primavera P6 or approved equivalent.
- Convert Primavera P6 to other program formats as required.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience (15+ years) within the civil construction industry, preferably both on-site and in Pre-Contracts environments.
- Significant prior experience formulating construction programmes within a civil construction environment.
- Relevant tertiary or practical qualification.
- Demonstrated advanced application of Primavera programming software packages.
- Relevant experience with lineal construction activities.
- Relevant experience in a diverse range of contracting models and claim logistics.
- Prior experience managing stakeholders and team members.
- Advanced time management and personal organisation skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility with Health & Wellbeing programs.
- Competitive market benchmarked remuneration.
- Unique bonus scheme generously rewards staff for strong performance.
- Generous employee share program with VINCI — one of the largest, world-class construction companies globally.
- Purchased leave program to encourage your work/life balance.
- Paid Parental Leave and parental support.
- Cultural leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees.
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally.
- Career development, mentoring, training, and leadership development programs.
Many of our projects are located in regional areas, therefore all applicants must hold a current Driver’s Licence and have their own transport.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role.
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the right to work in Australia.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493843
This role is being managed by our internal HR team; applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Forward to a friend