Regional Commercial Manager
Job no: 493870
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Commercial / Legal / Contracts
We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 35 years - with the agility and personal connection of a Tier 2, yet the expertise of a Tier 1, and the enhanced resources of one of the largest, world-class construction companies, VINCI, our employees and clients get the best of three worlds.
Due to an internal interstate transfer, we are seeking an experienced Regional Commercial Manager to join our team in Melbourne. This position is critical to our success, it is responsible for developing commercial strategies, providing advice and support to our projects, pre-contracts and senior leadership teams on commercial opportunities and risks.
About the role:
- Develop commercial strategies and policies across the region.
- Support the development of delivery programs and plans for projects that are aligned with regional commercial policies.
- Take the lead on design consultancy agreements including commercial review.
- Develop and facilitate commercial training for project teams.
- Champion actions on Detailed Project Reviews (DPR’s) and facilitate the agenda.
- Project forecast reviews.
- Review subcontract and supply agreements for projects.
- Provide specialist commercial knowledge and expertise to Managers.
- Support Project Commercial Managers.
- Provide commercial advice to Pre-contracts.
- Review subcontract agreements.
- Provide guidance, support, coaching and/or mentoring on all commercial matters/issues as required.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary Accounting Degree or Civil Engineering/Law Degree, CPA, plus 15+ years of relevant commercial experience in the construction industry.
- Demonstrated a high level of understanding of relevant legislation.
- Excellent communication, influencing, presentation and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Confident and professional presentation manner.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people and situations.
- High level negotiation skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyse specific data.
- Head contract management.
- Subcontractor management.
- Project planning.
We have a range of benefits available for our employees:
Health & Wellbeing / Work life balance
- Discounted fertility treatments.
- Mental health support & employee assistance programs.
- Corporate discounted private health insurance plan.
- WHEREFIT – Fitness & Wellbeing benefits over 2,000 unique offers at up to 40% off.
- Workplace giving – contribute to charity through your pay, receive tax benefits.
- Birthday leave.
- Paid Parental Leave and parental support.
- Purchased leave program to encourage your work/life balance.
- Cultural leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Salary sacrifice novated lease.
- Competitive market benchmarked remuneration.
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees.
- Generous employee share program with VINCI.
- Unique bonus scheme generously rewards staff for strong performance.
- One on one mentoring programs.
- Free NAWIC memberships for all staff.
- A variety of training & development options.
- Leadership development programs.
Many of our projects are located in regional areas, therefore all applicants must hold a current Driver’s Licence and have their own transport.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role.
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the right to work in Australia.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493870
This role is being managed by our internal Talent Acquisition team; applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Forward to a friend