Job no: 493937
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Engineering, General Construction
With more than 800 employees Australia wide, Seymour Whyte has earned a solid reputation for delivering complex, innovative projects that often include difficult staging, engineering and environmental challenges, logistical constraints and stakeholder impacts. Major infrastructure projects awarded to Seymour Whyte have increased significantly, as has the size, reach and complexity of these projects.
This is a Head office-based role as part of our Technical Services team. The successful candidate for this role can be based in any of our offices in Eight Mile Plains QLD, McMahons Point NSW, or Melbourne VIC. The primary objective of this role is to support the various business units to maximise opportunities and returns for Seymour Whyte through efficient and innovative design development during tender preparation and/or project delivery.
About the role:
- Provide technical expertise and support in geotechnical design and analysis for infrastructure projects such as rail, roads, dams, water infrastructure and utilities.
- Planning, coordinating and managing field investigations for a wide variety of residential / commercial / industrial / infrastructure projects.
- Assist in managing and overseeing geotechnical aspects of projects, ensuring deliverables meet client expectations and are completed on time and within budget.
- Conduct geotechnical design and analysis, including foundation design, earthworks, slope stability analysis, and soil-structure interaction analysis.
- Support project teams by procuring and reviewing geotechnical reports, scoping investigations, and coordinating with subconsultants.
- Collaborate with other workstreams within SWC, including civil and structural engineers as well as design and project managers, to ensure effective project delivery.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in geotechnical engineering.
- Strong technical expertise in geotechnical design, including foundation design, earthworks, slope stability and soil-structure interaction analysis.
- Analysis, design and problem-solving using software such as Slope/W, CIRCLY, WALLAP and PLAXIS to facilitate geotechnical and civil designs.
- Provision of construction phase advice, inspection and assessment for a range of civil, building, infrastructure and landslide remediation projects.
- Track record of promoting innovation in the field of geotechnical engineering to create value for clients/ projects.
What’s in for you?
- Flexibility with Health & Wellbeing programs
- Competitive market benchmarked remuneration
- Unique bonus scheme generously rewards staff for strong performance
- Generous employee share program with VINCI — one of the largest, world-class construction companies globally
- Purchased leave program to encourage your work/life balance
- Paid Parental Leave and parental support
- Culture leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Career development, mentoring, training, and leadership development programs
- Part of VINCI Constructions offering opportunity and security.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493937
This role is being managed by our internal HR team; applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Forward to a friend