Senior Project Engineer
Job no: 493941
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Engineering, General Construction
At Seymour Whyte, we have over three decades in civil infrastructure, we take pride in delivering transformative projects, including roads, airports, and bridges, connecting communities, and shaping the future of our nation's infrastructure. Our values prioritize safety, sustainability, and inclusivity, providing our employees and clients with the best of all worlds - combining the agility of a Tier 2, the expertise of a Tier 1, and the enhanced resources of VINCI, one of the largest world-class construction companies.
We are seeking a talented Senior Project Engineer to join our team working on the Cleveland – Redland Bay Road upgrade project in Redland Bay. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of something big and make a real difference in the community.
About the role:
- Identify future complex high-risk activities and participate in the development and review of risk assessments, SWMS’s, THRC’s (complete internal HIRAC training).
- Develop a thorough understanding of Client specifications and standards to enable timely progression of Quality system requirements including ITPs, Lot Closure and NCRs.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Head Contract requirements, with the ability to overview the progress claim, negotiate variation claims, and identify contractual risks and opportunities.
- Manage the activities of the team, assign workloads, and provide technical and administrative guidance to project staff to ensure objectives are effectively and economically achieved.
- Coordinate all phases of project progress including workforce, ensuring equipment, facilities and services meet specified requirements.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or its equivalent.
- Significant experience delivering civil infrastructure construction projects for State authorities.
- Ability to produce Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) and ITPs for all trades.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare contractual claims and variations.
- Detailed knowledge of head and subcontract agreements.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility with Health & Wellbeing programs
- Unique project bonus scheme generously rewards project staff for strong performance
- Generous employee share program with VINCI — one of the largest, world-class construction companies globally
- Purchased leave program to encourage your work/life balance
- Paid Parental Leave and parental support
- Culture leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Career development, mentoring, training, and leadership development programs
- Part of VINCI Construction offering opportunity and security.
Many of our projects are located in regional areas, therefore all applicants must hold a current Driver’s Licence and have their own transport.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the right to work in Australia
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493941
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Forward to a friend