Job no: 492352
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: New South Wales
At Seymour Whyte, we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver highly complex and innovative solutions to our clients. The primary purpose of the Design Manager role is to provide innovative and efficient design management during the submission process through to project delivery.
Having recently joined VINCI – a global player in concessions and construction, we bring global expertise to a local context where all our employees contribute to our success. Major infrastructure projects awarded to us has increased significantly, as has the size, reach and complexity of these projects. In addition to our core capability area of roads and bridges, we are experienced in the delivery of engineering and construction services for the airport, rail, marine and resources sectors.
As a progressive, leading civil engineering firm built on the strong foundations of our unique history, we engage, enable and empower our people to be better. With you, we are altogether stronger, in building the future we want. As a key role within our Southern Region, we are looking for a Design Manager who has:
- An excellent knowledge of engineering and technical skills relevant to civil infrastructure
- Ability to manage the design process during the tender or delivery phase
- Ability to develop and manage design deliverables
- Commercial knowledge in order to engage and manage design consultants
- Excellent communications skills to engage with our clients, consultants, stakeholders and construction personnel
- Some knowledge of estimating processes
- Ability to interpret client briefs and communicate requirements to relevant parties
- Ability to lead SID, Innovation, Launch and other workshops
- Ability to lead and inspire people to extract the best from their capabilities
- Knowledge of civil engineering D&C processes
- Some site based experience preferable
- Experience working within a Quality environment ensuring that all design/tenders meet the relevant quality requirements
- A Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil), Degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent Civil Engineering qualification, which is an acceptable qualification under the Queensland Professional Engineers Act, or an acceptable equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution such as Project Management qualifications.
- Chartered Professional Engineer status (CPEng) or equivalent advantageous
- Current driver’s licence
- Excellent communications skills
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte to create a successful and sustainable future. We offer a culture of inclusiveness – where everyone is valued because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Joining us is the best way to fully understand the collaborative, friendly relationship that defines Seymour Whyte. A career with Seymour Whyte will provide you with endless opportunities. When you work with us, you contribute to our landmark projects and work alongside some of the industry’s best.
We offer competitive remuneration packages and other employee benefits. To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
If you’re interested, then submit your application today.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team. No recruitment agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend