We are seeking an experienced Safety Coordinator with Construction experience to join Seymour Whyte in this exciting opportunity. Initially based in the SMEC alliance office in Brisbane, then relocated to the site office in Crow's Nest, Toowoomba.
Seymour Whyte, in alliance with SMEC and Toowoomba Regional Council, has been awarded the Cressbrook Dam Safety Improvement Project to increase flood capacity and resilience for the region. Representing our client’s largest project to date, the project involves raising the dam crest height, and widening the spillway whilst also aligning the structure with current engineering design standards to ensure the dam’s long-term viability.
Toowoomba, The Garden City, is renowned for its expansive public gardens, notably the Japanese Garden and Queens Park, and the famous Carnival of Flowers. Only 90 minutes from Brisbane, this economic and educational hub boasts historic architecture, a vibrant arts and cultural scene with galleries, theatres, and nationally acclaimed street art. Its proximity to the Great Dividing Range, national parks, and attractions like Cressbrook Dam, offers scenic beauty and outdoor activities galore, making it a desirable place to live and work.
Seymour Whyte combines the agility and personal touch characteristics of a Tier 2 contractor, the expertise of a Tier 1, and now fortified with the extensive resources of VINCI — one of the largest construction companies globally — our team and clients benefit from the optimal blend of three distinct worlds.
About the role:
- Adhere to Seymour Whyte policies, procedures, and compliance training for the role.
- Mentor site personnel for improved workplace health and safety.
- Assist Project Managers in developing and maintaining systems, plans, procedures, and strategies.
- Conduct site inspections, provide feedback, and offer recommendations to project personnel.
- Assess risks and opportunities to enhance Safety Management.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position in the Civil/Construction or relevant industry.
- Certificate IV qualification in OHS and Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training essential.
- Demonstrate a passionate and energetic approach to safety, embodying a positive, can-do attitude and fostering a collaborative, team-first approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Current C-Class Driver’s License.
We have a range of benefits available for our employees:
Health & Wellbeing
- Discounted fertility treatments.
- Mental health support & employee assistance programs.
- Unmind - access our free wellness app.
- Seasonal vaccinations.
- Corporate discounted private health insurance plan.
- WHEREFIT – Fitness & Wellbeing benefits over 2,000 unique offers at up to 40% off.
- Workplace giving – contribute to charity through your pay, receive tax benefits.
Time for life / Work life balance
- Birthday Leave.
- A range of flexibility options.
- Paid Parental Leave and parental support.
- Purchased leave program to encourage your work/life balance.
- Cultural leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Employee benefits across many categories such as shopping, travel, entertainment, health and wellbeing and automotive.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Salary sacrifice novated lease.
- Competitive market benchmarked remuneration.
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees.
- Regular company hosted financial wellbeing webinars.
- Generous employee share program with VINCI.
- Unique project bonus scheme generously rewards project staff for strong performance.
- Attractive project allowances and conditions for regional projects.
- Extensive in-house library of educational / training modules.
- Structured professional or personal development / performance development planning.
- A variety of training & development options.
- One on one mentoring programs.
- Executive female mentoring and coaching.
- Free NAWIC memberships for all staff.
- Global mobility with VINCI.
- Leadership development programs.
Many of our projects are located in regional areas. Therefore, all applicants must hold a current Driver’s License and have their own transport.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role.
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the right to work in Australia.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493920
This role is being managed by our internal HR team; applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.