Job no: 492517
Work type: Full Time Permanent
We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years. With the agility of a Tier 2, the expertise of a Tier 1, and the enhanced resources of VINCI, our employees get the best of three worlds.
We are seeking an experienced Design Manager to join our Operations team working on Seymour Whyte projects based in Melbourne.
People join Seymour Whyte because they are looking for more from their professional growth and their personal connections. Our people mean more to us, do more with us, and have more involvement in building our world-class capability together. This role contributes to ensuring this employee experience continues.
About the role
We are looking for a Design Manager who has:
- An excellent knowledge of engineering and technical skills relevant to civil infrastructure
- Ability to manage the design process during the tender or delivery phase
- Ability to develop and manage design deliverables
- Some knowledge of estimating processes
- Commercial knowledge to engage and manage design consultants
- Excellent communications skills to engage with our clients, consultants, stakeholders, and construction personnel
- Ability to interpret client briefs and communicate requirements to relevant parties
- Ability to lead SID, Innovation, Launch and other workshops
- Ability to lead and inspire people to extract the best from their capabilities
- Knowledge of civil engineering D&C processes
- Some site-based experience preferable
- Experience working within a Quality environment ensuring that all design/tenders meet the relevant quality requirements
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil), Degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent Civil Engineering qualification
- Chartered Professional Engineer status (CPEng) or equivalent advantageous
- MRPV experience highly desired
- Current driver’s license
- Excellent communications skills
What’s in for you?
- Pay equity and competitive remuneration
- Bonus programs and generous employee share programs
- Attractive project allowances and conditions for regional projects
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Professional development opportunities
- Be part of VINCI Constructions, a global organisation which offers security and opportunity.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
This role not for you? Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team - no applications will be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend