Job no: 493867
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Estimating / Planning / Scheduling
We are gearing up for an exceptional future, and we want you to be a part of it! We are currently seeking an experienced Estimator to join our corporate team at our head office in Eight Mile Plains. This is an opportunity to contribute to a successful and sustainable future, working on diverse and complex civil engineering projects.
Our Estimating team boasts a high Expression of Interest (EOI) and Tender conversion rate, securing compelling and intricate projects for delivery. As an Estimator with us, you'll engage in a diverse array of tenders for national clients, nurturing a wealth of experiences and opportunities.
What Sets Us Apart:
- Global VINCI connection — Our association with VINCI — one of the largest construction companies globally — opens doors to a world of smarts, with Seymour Whyte partnering with VINCI sister companies on major infrastructure projects across Australia. This foundation empowers us with global perspectives, enabling the utilisation of advanced technologies, innovations, and industry best practices for enhanced expertise and strength.
- Diversity of projects — Seymour Whyte's tender portfolio spans a broad spectrum of projects as part of our diversification strategy such as roads, bridges, rail, airports, ports and marine, water infrastructure, dams, resources and renewable energy. The diversity in our projects ensures a dynamic and fascinating journey!
- Empowering Estimators — We have a collaborative support system with in-house surveyors, planners, procurement specialists, and precontracts engineers. This approach ensures estimators benefit from diverse expertise, leading to more accurate decision-making. The integration of functions promotes efficient knowledge sharing and enhances capabilities. This strategy reinforces Seymour Whyte’s commitment to excellence in project estimation, contributing to its overall success and sustainable growth.
- Commitment to upskilling — We are dedicated to advancing the skills and professional development of our team. Seymour Whyte’s commitment is demonstrated through initiatives such as the Performance and Development Cycle, fostering goal-setting and individual growth plans, our ELT Mentoring Program which facilitates collaborative learning by connecting experienced leaders with emerging talents, and our Leadership Development Program designed to cultivate future leaders through targeted training and exposure to real-world challenges. We prioritise your growth, recognising that investing in our team's development not only enhances individual capabilities but also contributes to our overall success.
- True flexibility + wellbeing — We are committed to real flexibility, not just in words but in action. Our work structures prioritise work-life balance, complemented by benefits like competitive remuneration, performance-based bonus scheme, purchased leave, paid parental leave and salary continuance insurance for eligible staff. Join us for genuine flexibility and a streamlined set of benefits that matter!
- Supportive team dynamics + nationwide collaboration — Join our close-knit team with a strong culture of support and unity. We are not just aiming for collaboration; it is how we operate. Be part of a nationwide effort where supporting each other is a shared commitment. Contribute to our annual Pre-contracts Forum that connects all states, promoting cooperation and exchanging insights. Your role and experiences are vital to our collective success!
About the role:
- Prepare accurate tenders for civil construction projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Clients, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Estimate project quantities and costs and identify discrepancies in the tender schedule.
- Provide technical inputs as a member of a team of Estimators to ensure the timely completion of estimates.
- Assist with proposed traffic staging, construction methodologies and programme for non-price criteria.
- Carry out site inspections and attend client briefings.
- Assist Project Managers in the financial administration of contracts.
- Conduct, prepare sketches and tabulations, and assists in estimating costs in support of Civil Engineering Professionals and Engineering Technologist.
- Preparing sketches, charts, tabulations, plans and designs for civil engineering works such as drainage, water supply, and sewerage. reticulation systems, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures.
- Identifying if they are feasible for the project and liaising with engineering designers and working with them to design the best option for the project.
- Inspecting civil engineering works, can be live jobs or site inspections with clients for tenders.
- Interpreting work assignment instructions, applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment.
- Estimating material costs and ensuring finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualifications in Civil engineering or similar related qualifications.
- Experience using Expert Estimation.
- Civil Engineering infrastructure experience.
- Demonstrated history of delivering winning tenders.
- Current C-Class Driver’s Licence.
We have a range of benefits available for our employees:
- Health & Wellbeing.
- Time for life / Work life balance.
- Financial wellbeing.
- Career development.
Many of our projects are located in regional areas, therefore all applicants must hold a current Driver’s Licence and have their own transport.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role.
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493867
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Forward to a friend