Senior Project Engineer
Job no: 492291
Work type: Full time permanent
About the Company
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte to create a successful and sustainable future. Having recently joined VINCI – a global player in concessions and construction – we bring global expertise to a local context where all our employees contribute to our success.
As a progressive, leading civil engineering firm built on the strong foundations of our unique history, we engage, enable and empower our people to be better. With you, we are altogether stronger, in building the future we want.
We offer a culture of inclusiveness – where everyone is valued because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy. Joining us is the best way to fully understand the collaborative, friendly relationship that defines Seymour Whyte.
About the position
Progressive. Global. We are seeking a Senior Project Engineer with a sound background and experience in bulk earthworks and pavement construction.
Some of your accountabilities will be:
- Direct & Coordinate the activities of the Earthworks team
- Provide technical and administrative guidance to project staff to ensure project objectives are being managed and met
- Oversee and manage all on-site Engineering functions through the Engineering team
- Manage all time aspects of the works, including long- and short-term planning and programming
- Identify, assess, control and close out identified project risks and report on these.
- Manage all financial aspects of the earthworks operation, including diligent oversight of cost control, cost monitoring and intervention and quantity management.
- Take an active leadership role on the project.
- Liaise with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers and external authorities to ensure satisfactory progress and completion of the work.
To be successful you will need:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil);
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a Project Engineer on VicRoads civil infrastructure construction projects with a focus on earthworks working with mid-tier or first-tier contractors;
- Demonstrated knowledge of VicRoads specifications;
- Track record of managing site resources to achieve commercial and program requirements;
- Commitment to the highest levels of safety, environmental and quality leadership;
- Experience administering subcontract agreements; and
- Ability to develop, implement and manage budgets and forecasting.
Excited and interested? Please visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au to learn more.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend