Job no: 493672
Work type: Full Time Fixed Term
Categories: General Construction, Other
People join Seymour Whyte because they’re looking for more from their professional growth as well as personal connections. As part of the Seymour Whyte team, our people mean more to us, do more with us, and have more involvement in building our world class capability together.
With the expertise and capabilities of a Tier 1 business, we have retained the soul of a Tier 2 business. We are a close-knit team that welcomes fresh perspectives, values personal goals and priorities, and looks out for our teams’ best interests like a member of our family, rather than as just another number.
About the role:
Based at our Plant Department in Ormeau, you will also be working on a wide variety of fixed and mobile construction equipment including heavy earthmoving plant, Crane trucks, concrete batch plants, road building and concrete paving equipment, cranes, telehandlers, and miscellaneous construction equipment.
- Providing on-site repairs and maintenance, inspections, servicing, and breakdowns to our fleet of earthmoving plant & equipment
- Workshop duties include general maintenance and servicing, major repairs, midlife and full life rebuilds.
- Sourcing quotes and ordering parts, recording maintenance history, and completing work orders.
- Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with companies’ safety standards, policies, and procedures.
- Working in a large team environment building relationships and communicating with key stakeholders
- Coaching, training, and mentoring of apprentices.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a similar role working with fixed and mobile plant & equipment.
- Good understanding of electrical and hydraulic circuits.
- Trade certificate – Minimum Certificate III in Diesel fitting heavy plant/mobile plant technology.
- HRW Licences – Forklift, EWP, Rigging.
- C class Driver’s licence - HR Drivers licence desirable.
- Construction White card
- Automotive Air Conditioning licence
What’s in for you?
- Paid Parental Leave and parental support.
- Culture leaves for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Attractive project allowances and conditions
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally.
- Part of VINCI Constructions offering opportunity and security.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role.
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493672
This role is being managed by our internal HR team; applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Forward to a friend