Job no: 492376
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Accounting / Finance / Risk
- Permanent role
- Part of the VINCI Construction International Network
- Excellent remuneration and package, attractive employee benefits
We are seeking an experienced Corporate Accountant to join our corporate team at Eight Mile Plains. The key requirement of this role is to support Seymour Whyte construction operations within the finance team.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte to create a successful and sustainable future. Having recently joined VINCI – a global player in concessions and construction – we bring global expertise to a local context where all our employees contribute to our success.
As a progressive, leading civil engineering firm built on the strong foundations of our unique history, we engage, enable and empower our people to be better. With you, we are altogether stronger, in building the future we want.
- Preparation of financial statements
- Monthly account preparations including cost allocations and revenue recognition
- Preparation of compliance reporting obligations
- Assist with preparation of financial models and analysis
- Assist with preparation of monthly/quarterly budget reporting pack
- Management reporting
- Balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis
- Assist with external auditor queries
- Reporting and analysis of monthly and quarterly results including robust financial variance analysis to forecast and budget
We are looking for a candidate who has the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary degree (Accounting or Business) with preferably more than 5 years relevant work experience
- Proven financial and management accounting experience
- Solid commercial acumen
- Understands the importance of compliance and is driven to achieve compliance outcomes
- Construction industry experience within a tier one/two level civil engineering, construction or mining organisation
- Membership of a professional accounting body (e.g. CA or CPA).
- Commercial acumen and assurance, with demonstrated experience in presenting information to Key Management
We offer a culture of inclusiveness – where everyone is valued because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Joining us is the best way to fully understand the collaborative, friendly relationship that defines Seymour Whyte. A career with Seymour Whyte will provide you with endless opportunities. When you work with us, you contribute to our landmark projects and work alongside some of the industry’s best.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
We offer competitive remuneration packages and other employee benefits. To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
If you’re interested, then submit your application today.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team. No recruitment agencies please.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend