Job no: 492793
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Commercial / Legal / Contracts
With the agility of a Tier 2, the expertise of a Tier 1, and the enhanced resources of VINCI, our employees get the best of three worlds.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future. We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years.
Our Melbourne based project teams are on the search for experienced and passionate Contract Administrators.
People join Seymour Whyte because they are looking for more from their professional growth and their personal connections. Our people mean more to us, do more with us, and have more involvement in building our world-class capability together. This role contributes to ensuring this employee experience continues.
About the role:
- Preparing progress/assessment claims in a timely manner, including liaison with the Principal.
- Analysing contracts to assess the requirements of the Principal.
- Subcontract preparation, variation administration, pricing and negotiation.
- Cost management and forecasting including coding.
- Review subcontract agreements including standard conditions relevant to the specific trades.
- Ensure financial administration activities are undertaken within expected performance indicators.
- Timely and accurate processing of payments in accordance with the Security of Payments Act.
- Ensure that all staff are provided with the necessary information and documentation to assist them to undertake their duties.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant formal qualifications (diploma/ certificate in financial or commercial administration) or previous experience in contracts/project administration in a principal contractor environment.
- Experience with and understanding of procurement and commercial processes and procedures.
- Experience with and understanding of financial/cost/project management system and processes.
- Understanding of Company subcontract terms and their implications for project delivery and risk.
- Sound negotiation skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What’s in for you?
- Pay equity and competitive remuneration
- Bonus programs and generous employee share programs
- Attractive project allowances and conditions for regional projects
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Professional development opportunities
- Be part of VINCI Constructions, a global organisation which offers security and opportunity.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
This role not for you? Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team, applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend