Job no: 492936
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Health / Safety / Environment / Quality
With the agility of a Tier 2, the expertise of a Tier 1, and the enhanced resources of VINCI, our employees get the best of three worlds.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future. We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years.
We are seeking an experienced Environmental Manager to join our operations/corporate team working on Seymour Whyte projects based Pakenham. The main objective of this role is to provide onside environmental support to the project team and to help the team achieve compliance with the Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP), as well as with environmental permits and approval, legislation and contractual obligations
About the role:
- Plan, implement, manage and monitor solutions to benefit the Environment, Client and SWC
- Report to the project manger and national environmental manager on the projects environmental performance
- Assist with the maintenance of External Certification of the Environmental Management System
- Prepare, review and assist in the efficient implementation of CEMP
- Supervise environmental controls and ensure they are effective and efficient
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification, Environmental Engineer/Science
- Minimum 5 years experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance, Company Quality Plan and legal and moral duty of care
- Working knowledge of safety and environmental legislation, Australian standards and industry codes
- Current C-Class Driver’s License
What’s in for you?
- Pay equity and competitive remuneration
- Bonus programs and generous employee share programs
- Attractive project allowances and conditions for regional projects
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Professional development opportunities
- Be part of VINCI Constructions, a global organisation which offers security and opportunity.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
From 11.59 Thursday 23 September entry to a Seymour Whyte construction site will require all workers to have had at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
This role not for you? Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team, and we will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend