Project Commercial Manager/s
Job no: 492371
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Commercial / Legal / Contracts
Project Commercial Manager/s
- Permanent roles
- Part of the VINCI Construction International Network
- Excellent remuneration and package, attractive employee benefits
We are seeking two experienced Project Commercial Managers to join our busy operations teams working on Seymour Whyte projects for Western Highway, T4 Melbourne Tullamarine Airport and Upper Yarra Dam projects. Ideally you would be located on one or two of the above projects, or spend your time split between projects and our Melbourne office.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte to create a successful and sustainable future. Having recently joined VINCI – a global player in concessions and construction – we bring global expertise to a local context where all our employees contribute to our success.
As a progressive, leading civil engineering firm built on the strong foundations of our unique history, we engage, enable and empower our people to be better. With you, we are altogether stronger, in building the future we want.
Daily tasks include:
- Assist the Project Manager to manage commercial financial performance and risk exposure
- Understand and operate provisions of Head Contract to support compliance and claims
- Draft and provide commercial advice to the Project Manager and Engineering Team
- Draft and review subcontractor agreements; minimising risk and reviewing scope of works with project manager and engineering team
- Coordinator day to day commercial aspects of Site
- Regularly reporting on the financial, contractual and administrative status of the project.
- Update detailed working budgets and ensure costs are committed correctly to the project
- Monitor budgets and take action as required
- Manage subcontractor payments including assessment of works completed, valuation of variations with the Engineering Team
- Ensure site team are undertaking their commercial responsibilities
- Ensure that all project insurances are in place, manage all notifications and claims
- Manage Contract Administration staff to process payments in accordance with the Security of Payments Act
- Stay informed and demonstrate an awareness in industrial and/or workplace legislation and risks
- Establish effective lines of communication with the Client, working cooperatively and achieving timely resolution of any claims.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and operations of various contracts and subcontracts
- Tertiary Education in Accounting, QS, Engineering or Law
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation (Building Code, BIF, BCIPA, BICSPA, etc)
- 7+ years in construction or related industries
- Demonstrated experience leading a team
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Sound negotiation skills
- Ability to interpret and analyse specific data
At Seymour Whyte we offer a culture of inclusiveness – where everyone is valued because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Joining us is the best way to fully understand the collaborative, friendly relationship that defines Seymour Whyte. A career with Seymour Whyte will provide you with endless opportunities. When you work with us, you contribute to our landmark projects and work alongside some of the industry’s best.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
We offer competitive remuneration packages and other employee benefits. To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
If you’re interested, then submit your application today.
This role is being managed by our internal HR team. No recruitment agencies please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend