Job no: 493938
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Engineering, General Construction
With more than 800 employees Australia wide, Seymour Whyte has earned a solid reputation for delivering complex, innovative projects that often include difficult staging, engineering and environmental challenges, logistical constraints and stakeholder impacts. Major infrastructure projects awarded to Seymour Whyte have increased significantly, as has the size, reach and complexity of these projects.
As part of the Seymour Whyte team, our people mean more to us, do more with us, and have more involvement in building our world class capability together
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a Site Engineer to join our Engineering team on the Palm Beach to Tugun project based in Currumbin Waters. The core upgrades involve expanding the motorway to 6 lanes, overhauling existing pavements, and introducing new full-depth asphalt pavement. The intricate process includes lengthening entry and exit ramps, demolishing old bridges, constructing seven new bridges, and widening three existing ones, addressing challenges like managing heavy daily traffic of over 90,000 vehicles and executing complex bridge construction over ecologically sensitive waterways.
- Assist with the preparation of site construction budgets and reports.
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications.
- Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects.
- Recommend changes to design details to increase ease of construction.
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to program.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING EXPERINECE:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
- Experience on TMR or similar civil infrastructure Construction projects (roadworks, bridgeworks, brownfields, under management, etc.)
- Current C-Class driver’s license.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility with Health & Wellbeing programs
- Competitive market benchmarked remuneration
- Unique project bonus scheme generously rewards project staff for strong performance
- Generous employee share program with VINCI — one of the largest, world-class construction companies globally
- Purchased leave program to encourage your work/life balance
- Paid Parental Leave and parental support
- Culture leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally
- Career development, mentoring, training, and leadership development programs
- Part of VINCI Construction offering opportunity and security.
Many of our projects are located in regional areas, therefore all applicants must hold a current Driver’s Licence and have their own transport.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Our commitment to an equitable construction industry extends to an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and gives everyone the opportunity to grow and be equally valued. We're unified in our direction to having a workplace that is balanced and fair for all.
- Submit your CV online to apply for this role
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the right to work in Australia
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au
Reference code: 493938
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Forward to a friend